domingo, 31 de dezembro de 2023

Dark Love Songs

 


"Song To The Siren" - This Mortal Coil, 1983. Long afloat on shipless oceans I did all my best to smile 'Til your singing eyes and fingers Drew me loving to your isle And you sang: "Sail to me, sail to me, let me enfold you Here I am, here I am waiting to hold you" Did I dream you dreamed about me? Were you hare when I was fox Now my foolish boat is leaning Broken lovelorn on your rocks For you sing: "Touch me not, touch me not, come back tomorrow O my heart, O my heart shies from the sorrow" I'm as puzzled as the new born child I'm as troubled as the tide: Should I stand amid the breakers Or should I lie with death my bride? Hear me sing: "Swim to me, swim to me, let me enfold you Here I am, here I am, waiting to hold you"





Now you see why I'm not scared to die I saw a vision of an angel of the world lay down and die The earth is full of ghosts now Ghosts that sweat and ghosts that cry Instead of peace just stop and cease A final end, a sweet release Language of love is language of liars The flames of all love become funeral pyres Smoke gets in your eyes and grown men cry I see young men led to an early grave and old men pray to die The earth is full of ghosts now Ghosts that sweat and ghosts that cry Instead of peace just stop and cease A final end, a sweet release The shipwreck to the shore From the client to the whore From the shadow to the sun From the bullet to the gun The earth is full of ghosts now Ghosts that sweat and ghosts that cry Instead of peace just stop and cease A final end, a sweet release The moment you discover that your killer is your lover I kill all that I love, I just destroy what I become The earth is full of ghosts now Ghosts that sweat and ghosts that cry Instead of peace just stop and cease A final end, a sweet release


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário